Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Small Spaces













I was thrilled when the Small Spaces issue of House Beautiful came in the mail this month! I think it's my favorite issue every year, and I need the actual copy of the magazine in my hands. The internet is convenient for a lot of things, but it is so satisfying to get the real deal in the mail each month. Anyway...back to design... 
It's quite amazing what can be done in such small living quarters, and it actually doesn't look tiny at all! This space was designed by Ashley Whittaker and is just 800 square feet! If every nook and cranny of your home is beautiful and organized, why does it have to be big? In one aspect you can perfect every area because there is less space to decorate.....!
My favorite design detail of this apartment is that it's overflowing with wallpaper, yet it doesn't feel overwhelming or cluttered in any way. Virtually every wall with exception to the main living area has wallpaper, and a few of them are very bold! I personally love the Osborne & Little foyer paper - it's always been a favorite. 

XO, Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment